- Bloggers are always looking for blog posts.
- If the email is constructed carefully it should be just a cut and paste job for the blog owner.
- Everyone wins. The blogger gets traffic from the writer’s blog, whilst the writer gets exposed to new readers.
- Be wary of the length. Long posts should be avoided if at all possible. However, interviews are a grey area but too long is always bad.
- Think about the audience. The questions will dictate the tone of the interview but the writer should pitch to their audience.
- Link and link again. The interview should contain links to the writer’s blog and website. This is the deal. Don’t be ashamed to add a plug for your latest project.
- Link back. It is essential that the writer blogs about the interview, the swap of traffic is part of the deal.